Never expect today to be an exciting one. A fire broke out at the unit beneath mine. 

Apparently I was in the toilet brushing my teeth when I smelt something weird. Passed it off as the mosquito repellant thing town council releases once in blue moon, but mom hurried over to tell me her suspicion of a fire breakout. So we went down to level 9, saw that the locked apartment was filled with misty white smoke (we peered through the window), concluded either the person was not at home/probably unconscious on bed/attempting a suicide whatsoever, mom was totally freaked out. Thus (omo im a sadist, to think I actually felt excited) it became my first experience of calling fire engine and reporting an emergency (ah, so the number u need to dial is 995, fire engine and ambulance share similar hotline?), and I'm actually awed by the efficiency as it took them around three to five minutes to reach. Then the abit kaypo me sneaked to level 9 to understand the situation (oi not kaypo k, my house leh. Burn till here how.), it was then for the first time I think how cool a fireman is! Haha. No la, actually I want to confirm that the firemen saw the smoke and ensure they dont accuse me of prank call. As for how they got into the apartment I've no idea, coz I don't see them barge down the door or see any ladder in sight but somehow one of them was already inside. Gah can't be bothered to find out and I went back home. Per norm, how could passerby A,B,C....,Z be missing. Amusing thing was when they were all trying to glimpse up, I told my sis how about opening our windows, peer down and wave  hi. Okay just joking. And I thought I would be interrogated somehow by someone (even mr policeman came) but hmm hmm no. Ayy a bit disappointed, coz the whole thing was so thrilling and to think I participated in the entire process. But now the most worrying thing is I feel a little giddy and uncomfortable (oversensitive?), will the carbon monoxide disappear by itself? more than how many percent will die ah, if I didn't remember wrongly it's 25%. Ahhhhhhhh. CO has clogged up my blood cells and I'm dyingggggggg. Ok stop my nonsense. And this spells the end of the fire adventure, tada. 

Comments

Popular Posts